Thursday, August 22, 2013

Trash the Opponent Thursday: The Indianapolis Colts

clevelandbrownsmemes@blogspot.com

The Cleveland Browns will face off against the Indianapolis Colts this Saturday at 7:00pm.  This is the third preseason game, so this is the one that is being hailed at the "dress rehearsal."  This is considered the most important of the preseason matchups due to the large number of snaps that each of the first stringers will see.  Most of the veterans will be likely shut down until the regular season after tonight.

To me this is the game that if the Browns look solid in, will really raise my opinion of what to expect this season.  While I know that preseason isn't a great barometer for what to expect, it is nice to have seen the Browns first stringers outplay other team's first units so far.  Which brings me to the Colts.

While I have been pleasantly surprised that I haven't had to be very mean to my beloved Browns, it just makes it worse.  As on Thursdays I plan on having a bit of fun at our opponent's expense.  Today's target will be these Colts.

First off the Colts are coming off a 11-5 season, in which they were actually significantly outscored.  This has never happened before in the NFL.  What that stat means is that they never beat anyone convincingly last season.  And what do you need to win close games in the NFL?  You guessed it a little bit of Luck, which happens to be the name of their quarterback.

Andrew Luck was likely the most touted quarterback to come out of college since Peyton Manning.  For nearly three years NFL scouts have been salivating for this kid to make it to the pros.  Luck really had a lot of Luck in his first year, finding ways to squeak by opponents.  But eventually winning ugly goes away and in my opinion I think the 11 win season of a year ago was a bit of a fluke.  But after seeing Andrew Luck's first touchdown in week two of this preseason I can see that Luck is contagious.  I hope it runs out on Saturday.      

No comments:

Post a Comment