Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I'm Truly Disappointed In the "Real Media"

Adam Schefter Want Josh Gordon Traded So Badly He Can't Help Himself

I'm no journalist, I don't search for "sources" or "scoops."  I just watch the games, try to enjoy it for what it is and make fun of it.  But these national media types are really starting to get under my skin.  The last I knew is that the Gordon trade stuff had been all but squashed.  However Adam Schefter won't come off it.  It's like he wants it to happen so badly he is almost willing it to happen.  Perhaps using his vast audience to plant the seed in some GM's head to create some wild trade offer to get Gordon away from Brandon Weeden and give him tons of "fallout" from the trade to write, tweet, and talk about.  Meanwhile I would be out burning my Browns stuff in my backyard, while Schefter happily tweets away about how good Gordon looks in a 49ers, Colts, or Patriots jersey.  But at the end of the day the Browns "balking" at offers is not news.  From here on out I would like to know what is happening, not what some guy wants to happen.  

But my complaints aren't limited to the national idiots.  Tony Zarrella of 19 Action News reported that Vince Young was on his way to Cleveland to work out for the team.  This however never happened.  And once again something that a journalist wants to happen becomes "news."

Come on guys get your crap together, when something happens then tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment