Friday, September 20, 2013

How Is Your "Improved Fan Experience" So Far? (This Is Not A Nice Post)

Cleveland Browns Memes

I'm not going to sit here and try to fool you all into thinking that the Browns traded away the ultimate franchise running back.  In fact I will even admit that it is a minor miracle that those bumbles Banner and Lombardi actually managed to get a first round draft pick for Trent Richardson.  However there are deeper issues with this deal that have us at Cleveland Browns Memes pretty pissed off.

First off, this is a clear message from the idiots in charge of this team that 2013 is effectively over for Browns.  Yes over, our front office has mailed it in.  And yes you can argue that after the performance of the first two weeks this season was over anyway.  You can argue that the worst we play this year, the higher we draft next year.  However if that is your argument, you probably haven't purchased season tickets.

The fact is that the NFL is an entertainment industry, what they do isn't life or death.  But an entertainment that isn't exactly cheap to enjoy.  So every sucker that shelled out the hundreds of dollars for a seat at that stadium now gets to enjoy 7 of the 8 games they payed for without the team's biggest offensive star.  This is bullshit.  And even today I heard the radio spot urging fans to get out there and buy tickets for the remaining games.  Why the hell would I even spend another dime on a purposely dumbed down product?

But an even better question is, who exactly are we sucking for.  When the 2011 Colts mailed it in for their "Suck for Luck" campaign, they knew good and well they were lining themselves up to draft a quarterback who had been widely regarded as the best pro quarterback prospect since Peyton Manning for nearly three years.  And although their fans were as pissed off as I am now, in one year they were right back in the playoff hunt, coming off of the 2-14 season which earned them that #1 pick.

So back to my question, where is the QB lock in this coming years draft?  Are they really that sold on Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater they are willing to sacrifice an entire season?  Is it Tajh Boyd of Clemson, Brett Hundley of UCLA, god I hope not.  And I will tell you right now that if that punk ass Johnny Manziel ends up a Cleveland Brown, this website will cease to exist and I will never watch this team again.

What I do know is that it is a trashy way to run an organization, and I have lost nearly all respect for the current regime in charge of my once beloved Cleveland Browns.  And no I will not buying any ticket this year to watch your crap.  And no I will not be buying any of your merchandise to support your idiocy.  At the end I am drawing a line in the sand, after 28 years of being a diehard fan of this team, I am at my end.  If this is the trash way you intend on "improving the fan experience" you have one year.  Every piece of Browns merchandise I own is currently stored in a box labeled "Burn if 0-3 in 2014, or if Johnny Manziel is drafted" and I will be done.  I will waste my Sundays doing something else.  You suck Jimmy Haslam, you suck Joe Banner, and you suck Mike Lombardi, way to ruin my fucking year again you worthless blowhard douchebags.

Tomorrow I will discuss why I think loading up draft picks with Mike Lombardi in the building might just be as stupid as pissing into the wind.      

   

No comments:

Post a Comment